Have a strategic plan no matter how successful you are
Company: To protect our client's identity we'll call them "Company Z"
Industry: International Clothing Manufacturer
Company Z was founded in the 70's and continues to be a leader in the international apparel industry.
Need: Company Z is a very successful brand that has remained relevant for decades. The challenge with success is the ability to grow strategically while also staying in line with the mission, vision and values that are core to the small company of the 70's. Company Z engaged in strategic planning to prioritize international growth, align programs with goals and implement planning as part of their ROB.
Service: Strategy Development
The Solution: Company Z needed a strategic plan that took into account they had never had one before. It needed to have daily presence and accountability for the employees but also be able to evolve. M3 Planning recommended a long-term, 5-year strategic plan with a detailed 1-year plan as a component. Quarterly business reviews would then govern the yearly implementation process. The quarterly meetings would enable Company Z's leadership team to adjust its course throughout the year in order to hit the intended target.
- A strategic management process that actively engages the leadership team, board and staff.
- Long-term strategic plan resulting in strategic priorities and goals that will drive and shape Company Z's activities over the next 3-5 year horizon.
- A detailed annual plan that outlines the strategy for the organization and clearly communicates strategic priorities and alignment of initiatives.
- Annual facilitation of a full day strategy off-site to bring the steering team together around strategic issues and high-level priorities.
- Ongoing implementation support including facilitated Quarterly Reviews and ongoing management of Status against the plan and evolving strategic topics.
Result: Company Z has just completed the first year of their strategic plan. The process has involved several off-site Strategy Meetings to build and refine the plan. M3 is working with Company Z to develop and execute the strategic plans' management process. M3 will support the process through facilitating quarterly strategy check-ins to continually refine the plan not to change the targeted metrics, but to modify the steps necessary to get there.